Susanna Shamim, founder and principle, leads Hi-Point Coaching and Consulting. Leveraging her former executive and operational experience of over 28+ years, she launched her own company providing individualized coaching and consulting solutions to individuals, corporations, public sector agencies, institutions, and nonprofits.. While based in sunny Southern California in Pasadena, Ms. Shamim coaches clients all over the U.S., Canada, Asia and Europe.
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner of a management consulting firm, Beacon Management Group in Pasadena, CA
- Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for a matrix subsidiary (18 locations in 7 States) of a multinational $3B publicly held company.
- Dean and Director of Development at Los Angeles Community College District-Chancellor’s Office.
- Founding CEO of a start-up corporation, L.A. PROSPER, developing public-private initiatives around innovation in workforce development where she developed joint venture projects with business and entertainment, e.g., Dreamworks SKG.
- Vice President for Regulatory Affairs of a publicly-held $MM national education company with locations in 10 states.
- Launched four different nonprofit organizations, and currently serves on the boards of two.
- Director, Management Consultant – firm started by a White House Senior Policy Advisor to a U.S. President.
Coaching Philosophy and POV
From the variety of organizational changes Ms. Shamim has experienced personally, she gained insight into how organizational changes impact people and how to cope with change and deal with transitions. As a coach and change management consultant, Shamim has guided organizations and personnel through change. In her various positions, she has coached senior management, handled employee relations, conducted employee complaint investigations, and served as ombudsperson and mediator, and directed employee transitions in business expansion, contraction, mergers and changes in leadership.
Ms. Shamim also has an understanding of issues around inter-cultural dynamics and communication challenges by multi-cultural candidates. She has coached Fortune 500 company international senior executives from Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, South America,Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and China.
Her approach is multi-disciplinary, transferring knowledge from different industries. She has a diverse and rich portfolio of work upon which she draws including Fortune 500 companies, public sector agencies, private companies, public and private institutions and nonprofit organizations.
"I believe in empowering individuals to take charge of their own destiny. As an executive and career coach, my goal is to help individuals realize their vision for a better career through self-actualization and self-realization.
I have a passion for helping my clients succeed. You will get my candid perspective on your career and what changes you need to make to succeed. To be relevant in today’s fast paced marketplace, you have to be resilient, flexible and adaptable.”
Education and Credentials
Ms. Shamim earned a Master’s degree in Public Policy Analysis from University of West Virginia, and two Bachelor's degrees (Political Science and French) and completed postgraduate studies in Human Resource Management from University of California Los Angeles. She is a Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the HR Certification Institute; Certified Executive and Career Coach, and a Graduate of the Disney Business Institute.
Professional Affiliations & Recognition
Outside of coaching and consulting, she is an advocate for education and serves on the President's Advisory Board for Pasadena City College; co-founding board member for Aim High Learning, and other nonprofit organizations. She is also active in professional organizations and is a member of the Chamber and other Human Resource Associations.