Susanna Shamim, founder and principle, leads Hi-Point Coaching and Consulting. Leveraging her former executive and operational experience of over 30+ years, she launched her own company providing individualized coaching and consulting solutions to individuals, corporations, public sector agencies, institutions, and nonprofits.. While based in sunny Southern California in Pasadena, Ms. Shamim works with clients all over the U.S., Canada, Asia and Europe.
- Founder of Hi-Point Coaching and Consulting firm, specializing in the career transition of professionals and executives with customized branding and career advisory services for career advancement, change and professional development.
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner of a management consulting firm, Beacon Management Group in Pasadena, CA. She led development of consulting solutions for business, government and higher education.
- Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for a matrix subsidiary (18 locations in 7 States) of a multinational $3B publicly held company. She guided the Senior Executive team and presidents of 18 campuses on operations and management issues.
- Dean and Director of Development at Los Angeles Community College District-Chancellor’s Office where she secured $40M in grants and oversaw over $100M in externally funded programs.
- Founding CEO of a start-up corporation, L.A. PROSPER, developing public-private initiatives around innovation in workforce development where she developed joint venture projects with business and entertainment, e.g., Dreamworks SKG.
- Vice President for Regulatory Affairs of a publicly-held $MM national education company with locations in 10 states. She navigated relations with accrediting agencies and federal and state regulatory agencies including the US Dept of Education.
- Launched four different nonprofit organizations, and currently serves on the boards of two.
- Director, Management Consultant – firm started by a White House Senior Policy Advisor to a U.S. President.
From the variety of organizational changes Ms. Shamim has experienced personally, she gained insight into how organizational changes impact people and how to cope with change and deal with transitions. As a coach and change management consultant, Shamim has guided organizations and personnel through change. In her various executive positions, she has advised senior management, handled employee relations, conducted employee investigations, and served as ombudsperson and mediator, and directed employee transitions in business expansion, contraction, mergers and changes in leadership.
Ms. Shamim also has an understanding of issues around inter-cultural dynamics and communication challenges by multi-cultural candidates. She has advised Fortune 500 company international senior executives from Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, South America,Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and China.
Her approach is multi-disciplinary, transferring knowledge from different industries. She has a diverse and rich portfolio of work upon which she draws, including Fortune 500 companies, public sector agencies, private companies, public and private institutions and nonprofit organizations.
"I believe in empowering individuals to take charge of their own destiny. As an executive and career coach, my goal is to help individuals realize their vision for a better career through self-actualization and self-realization.
I have a passion for helping my clients succeed. You will get my candid perspective on your career and what changes you need to make to succeed. To be relevant in today’s fast paced marketplace, leaders must demonstrate resiliency and agility.”
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Post-Graduate Studies, Human Resource Management, University of California Los Angeles, CA
Master’s Degree, Public Policy Analysis, University of West VA
Bachelor’s Degree, Double Majors, Political Science & French, Fairmont State University, West VA
- Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by HR Certification Institute
- Certified Executive and Career Coach
- Certified Executive Resume Writer
- Certificate, Business Leadership, Disney Business Institute
Outside of coaching and consulting, she is an advocate for education and serves on boards including:
- President's Advisory Board for Pasadena City College
- Co-Founding Board Member of Aim High Learning
- Member of the Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Recipient of Best Career Coach by LinkedIn.com, the No. 1 digital professional networking platform; recognized for her outstanding coaching 3 consecutive years.
- 2019 Best Career Guidance Service - Pasadena, CA
- Recipient of over a dozen Commendations from CA State Senators, Assembly-members, and U.S. Congressional Representatives