Susanna Shamim, founder and principal, leads Hi-Point Coaching and Consulting. Ms Shamim specializes in executive and career coaching to executives, mid to late career professionals, enterpreneurs and emerging leaders. Ms. Shamim’s former experience of 30+ years includes a diverse background in private and public sectors, nonprofit and higher education.
- Founder, Executive Coach, Career Coach and Consultant – High Point Coaching and Consulting based in Pasadena, CA and coaches clients all over the U.S., Canada and even in Latin America and Europe.
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner of a management consulting firm, Beacon Management Group in Pasadena, CA
- Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer for a matrix subsidiary (18 locations in 7 States) of a multinational $3B publicly held education company.
- Dean and Director of Development at Los Angeles Community College District-Chancellor’s Office.
- Founding CEO of a start-up nonprofit corporation, L.A. PROSPER, developing public-private initiatives around innovation in workforce development where she developed joint venture projects with S.C. Edison and Dreamworks SKG.
- Vice President for Regulatory Affairs of a publicly-held $MM national education company with locations in 10 states.
- Launched four different nonprofit organizations, and currently serves on the boards of two.
- Director at a management consulting firm started by a White House Senior Policy Advisor to a U.S. President.
- Launched four different nonprofit organizations, and serves on the boards of two.
Coaching Philosophy and POV
As a coach and change management consultant, Ms. Shamim has successfully guided organizations and executives through change. She has coached C-level executives and senior management and directed employee transitions in business expansion, contraction, mergers and changes in leadership.
Ms. Shamim also has an understanding of issues around inter-cultural dynamics and communication challenges in multi-national companies. She has coached Fortune 500 company international senior executives from Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, South America, Asia, and the Carribbean.
She has a rich portfolio of coaching and consulting work upon which she draws. Her clients are in diverse industry sectors, including Entertainment, Media, Technology, Healthcare, Food/Beverage Manufacturing, Supply Chain Distribution, Insurance, Utilities, Management Consulting, Government, and Higher Education.
“I have a passion for helping my clients succeed. You will get my candid perspective on your career and what changes you need to make to succeed. To be relevant in today’s fast paced marketplace, you have to be resilient, flexible and adaptable.
As an executive career coach, my goal is to help individuals realize their vision for a better career through self-actualization and self-realization. My action and solution-oriented coaching approach is collaborative, guiding you to gain clarity to find your own path to success. With my guidance, you will discover your natural talents and creativity to realize your true potential.”
Education and Credentials
Ms. Shamim earned a Master’s degree from University of West Virginia, and two undergraduate degrees and postgraduate studies in Human Resource Management from University of California Los Angeles. She is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) by the HR Certification Institute. She is a certified Executive and Career Coach and a graduate of the Disney Business Institute, and has other skills in Business Strategy and Human Capital Development.
Professional Recognition and Affiliations
Recognized for her outstanding coaching 3 consecutive years. LinkedIn recognized her as Best Career Coach for 2017.
For her community service she has received over a dozen commendations from California State Senators, Assembly members, and U.S. Congressional Representatives.
Outside of coaching and consulting, she is an advocate for education and serves on the President’s Advisory Board for Pasadena City College; co-founding board member of Aim High Learning, and other nonprofit organizations. She is also active in professional organizations and is a member of the Chamber and other Human Resource Associations.Share This: