Hi-Point’s Performance Coaching is designed to guide you through difficult decision making, help you cope with pressures at the top, regain or boost your self-confidence as a leader or raise your profile within the organization. We focus on enhancing performance behaviors, developing informed risk-taking, honing emotional intelligence, and improving communication and interpersonal relationships.
According to a 2013 Stanford University survey, nearly two thirds of executives don’t receive outside leadership advice, but nearly all want it.
Executive Coaching is customized to your needs to help you realize your full potential to achieve peak performance. Below are some examples of areas where we have guided individuals:
- Focusing on Results and Prioritizing
- Enhancing Performance
- Cultivating Deeper Client Relationships
- Coping with Stress and Achieving Work/Life Balance
- Adapting Effectively Across Cultures
- Changing Communication Styles to Adapt to your Employees
- Developing Executive Presence
- Keeping Employees Engaged and Involved
- Delegating for Employee Development
- Navigating Leadership Challenges
- Remaining Resilient in a Changing Environment
- Dealing with Change: Mergers and Acquisitions, Layoffs and Downsizing
- Effective Communication-Internal and External to Organization
“My company retained Susanna Shamim as my executive coach as part of my professional development. I rose up through the company and never had any formal management training. Now as a Vice President, my old ways of managing and relating to my peers at this level were no longer working for me. With Susanna’s coaching, I gained greater awareness and was able to develop a management and leadership style where I’m respected by my direct reports and have gained the support and respect of my peers.”
– Sr Vice President, Regional Supply Chain Management, Sysco-Los Angeles, CA.
“I am so appreciative that I received guidance from Susanna Shamim during our coaching engagement. She helped me to acclimate to my expanded responsibilities, establish priorities and delegate more to my team. My natural leadership abilities needed to be refined in this new role and Susanna helped me gain awareness of some blindspots. The 360 assessment was very eye opening and I’d recommend all leaders to use this for creating awareness. I’m continuing to apply the coaching and strategies that I developed with Susanna.”
– V. President, Marketing, Cirque du Soleil, Las Vegas, NV
“Forty percent of new managers fail in the first 18 months.” With our 3-12 month executive coaching program we can help ease your transition into your new position, allowing you to work smarter not harder:
- Navigate office politics
- Identify and enhance your natural leadership abilities
- Become a more effective manager and team leader
- Resolve conflict and deal with difficult personalities
- Develop more effective management skills, delegation and supervising
- Achieve peak performance without sacrificing life balance
- Establish credibility by developing a polished professional persona
- Enhance your Skills: Public Speaking, Presentation Skills, Budgeting, Professional Writing, and Interpersonal Communications.
“Susanna was able to coach me when I assumed a leadership role in a nonprofit organization. As a new executive, she helped me navigate board relations and develop rapport with my direct reports. I benefited tremendously from her insight into how to deal with administrative procedures as well as improve my communication style with the different constituencies I have to serve. ”
– Executive, Nonprofit Organization, Long Beach
Who Are Our Clients
We work directly with individuals or with companies who retain our coaching services for their employees. Our clients come from all professional backgrounds and from all sectors–public, private, non-profit, at all levels–senior executives, new executives, mid-level managers, small business owners and also former executives who are seeking to re-enter the workforce after being a full-time caregiver or stay-at-home parent.
According to a survey conducted by SABA in 2015 and 2017,
- Performance and goal management drew the highest usage of coaching; however, career development, learning and onboarding ranked higher at many organizations.
- Given that nearly half of the respondents had performance programs, the most common benefit of coaching was employee engagement, cited more than twice as often as accelerated goal achievement.
“I retained Susanna as my executive coach while I was in a senior director role in a challenging position managing a team in the U.S. and one overseas on a multi-million dollar project that I was directing. She helped me navigate the organizational politics and helped me communicate more effectively with my U.S. senior executives while improving my management of my overseas and local teams. I found having Susanna to be an invaluable sounding board for my day to day challenges and to problem solve with an objective, yet intelligent and insightful executive coach. I learned much about myself and have improved my leadership style through the coaching I received.”
– Senior Director, Walt Disney Imagineering
We begin each coaching relationship with a thorough interview to gain insights about your background, including education and work history. We then administer targeted Personality and Leadership Assessments to identify personality style, strengths and areas for improvement. Through this information, we work with you to identify areas for improvement, identify coaching goals and develop a plan of action.
Executive Coaching Packages
We have various packages to meet your needs ranging from 3, 6, and 9 months:
- Starter Package: Builds awareness and goal setting and strategy development.
- Intermediate Package: Builds awareness, goal setting, strategy development, and behavior change.
- Advanced Package: Builds awareness, goal setting, strategy development, and sustained behavior change with periodic check-ins.
Note: Assessments are added to each package based on the client’s needs.